IRA Charitable Rollover
You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further the mission of Saint Mary's University. If you are 70½ or older, an IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help Saint Mary's continue our work and benefit you as well this year.
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid income taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to Saint Mary's University
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of Saint Mary's
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to us.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to our organization to help continue our important work.
- Let us know that you are making this gift—checks from IRA administrators often do not include the donor's name.
- Note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction because the charitable rollover is not considered income to you.
- Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.
Take a look at our free resources for Planned Giving.